Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Deeann called this morning and congratulated Ralph with having 41 Father's Days. Wow, that is a lot!
He got his favorite candy's, nuts, and a new shirt and socks.  I told him to guess what present I bought for him and he guessed a Wii game.  Well, he got one of those too, Just Dance 2. Gary called while we were at church.  I suppose the rest will call sometime.
 



He opened gifts and then he got to be the High Council speaker in another ward. He gave a great talk about the choices we make and the right we have to make choices.


This cake is my way of making a marzipan fan cake. It tastes really good, I just need to improve the looks.

Yesterday we helped clean up 2700 West with others in the area, played frisbee golf, went to the sidewalk chalk festival and an indoor football game.  It was a fun day.  The chalk pictures are all gone because it's been raining all day. They are really neat to look at.

2 comments:

Guymon Family said...

I've never had/seen that cake. I see you found some pomegranate candy! I'm lucky to have a great Dad!

Gma G said...

At the chalk festival-Did you see the one from the movie Up? That was my niece and her husband that did that one. Looks like Ralph had a great Father"s Day.

Alease