Monday, September 5, 2011

Chocolate Fun

Yesterday I watched a movie, "Chocolate Never Faileth".  It's from the book by Annette Lyons.

These are chocolate cups for mousse or ice cream or whatever you like.  They are made from semi-sweet chocolate chips. You blow up water balloons and dip them in the chocolate. If you stripe some white chocolate on top of the bowl of chocolate you get marbled a effect. Make sure the chocolate is not too hot or the balloons melt to the chocolate. I learned that if the chocolate is too thick to spray some cooking spray in the melted chocolate and it thins it so it's better to use.
These are called bark.  It's a layer of chocolate spread out, a layer of a different color of chocolate, some white chocolate swirled on top and some candy bits and nuts bits sprinkled on top.  You refrigerate it then break it into pieces.  I made a few chocolates just because.
Yesterday I watched a movie entitled, "Chocolate Never Faileth".

I hope you're having a nice holiday weekend.

1 comment:

Guymon Family said...

Yum! Wish I was there to sample!